Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blood donation

Hi all-

So we are sooo excited and have had an overwhelming response to Luke's blood drive and may even extend the hours so let me know soon if you want to donate so I can let MD Anderson know if we need more time! I am attaching a link below that gives you info on blood and platelet donation through MD Anderson so you know whether or not you can donate. Also, here is the address of the facility

Lakewood Forest Residents Club
15006 Lakewood Forest Dr.
Houston, Texas 77070

http://www.mdanderson.org/departments/bloodbank/dIndex.cfm?pn=4499E730-38C1-4154-AE022E7734DF9264

E-mail or call if you guys have any other questions.

Just a quick update on Luke:
Got all of his chemo last night and this morning and is feeling pretty crummy right now. Had been nauseous and been throwing up all morning but was able to get some IV Benadryl which seems to help him more than the anti-nausea meds. He was able to lay down for his MRI which took about 45 minutes. He then slept all the way home and went straight to bed. We have been giving him sips of fluids and keeping up with the meds to stay on top of the stomach yuckies!

Please continue to keep him in your prayers, this phase is literally a PAIN IN THE ASS and creates only pockets of time where he feels ok.
Updates soon
Kendall

1 comment:

  1. Honey, I mailed you something yesterday -- hopefully will arrive at least by Saturday. I know you literally feel like crap, but keep going, Bud. You can push through this. My personal method of dealing with unpleasantries (not that that word begins to describe your situation) is if the professionals will tell me how much longer, how long I need to endure -give me a specific increment of time, whatever it may be, I can hold on that long and then some and know I'll be the victor. I dealt. You are and you will, babe. My faith is completely in you.

    Loving you in Missouri like nobody's business!
    XOXOXOXOXO
    Aunt Jacquita and Mikey

    ReplyDelete