Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hunger...

I spoke with Luke tonight for a while, it is possible that any of you could find Luke digging through your pantries at 2am if ours is not adequately stocked. I believe Luke's words today were "Kendall, Dad and I went to HEB today and it was like walking into a candy store". He also commented on the entire meal he ate for dinner only to come home and scarf down a plate full of some "insanely delicious mexican food" that someone so graciously brought by. So whoever brought those over (i believe he told me they were enchiladas) should probably be prepared, he could have talked about them for hours!

The only downside is Luke said he felt a bit disgusted after he finished breakfast this morning, not because he was full, but because out of the 3 things my dad offered to make him he ended up eating all of them, plus two more items. The steroids have certainly turned our "i'll eat something, if you make it for me and bring it to me" brother into someone that would probably knock any of us out to get to the fridge first.

Not much else new, Luke's counts are looking exactly like they should. He has another bone marrow aspiration tomorrow to see where we stand with the leukemia cells in the bone marrow (this will mark the halfway point of the induction phase). He also gets all the IV and spinal chemo again. Continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Keep praying that all goes well tomorrow...looking for less than 10% leukemia cells in his bone marrow! His hair is starting to thin on his arms and legs, not on his head yet but he is strongly considering shaving it anyway. Just waiting for his lucky clippers to be shipped over from Miami!

Love you all and thanks so much for the support!
-Kendall

2 comments:

  1. Hope everything went goes well today. If you are in need of a Freebirds fix just give me a call and I'll deliver. I have the book "On The Road" for you also.

    Cindy Halbe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew my "Mexican influence" would come into play at some point, honey. Wish you well today with all of your procedures and the outcome of your labs, etc.

    XOXOXOXOXOXO
    Love,
    Aunt Jaquita

    ReplyDelete